Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.Its estimated to $15 Billion.But most people don’t know how to use it effectively.Here I’m providing 101 Tips on How to use Facebook.
1. How do I sign up for Facebook?
From their Sign Up page, just provide us with your full name, email address, desired password, gender, and date of birth. After you complete the sign up form, we will send an email to the address you provided. Clicking on the confirmation link will complete the sign up process.
2. What is the minimum age required to sign up for Facebook?
In order to be eligible to sign up for Facebook, users must be thirteen (13) years of age or older.
3. My name was rejected during sign up.
Please note that Facebook account names must adhere to the following authenticity standards:
- Your full first and last name must be listed. Initials cannot stand in place of your full name. Nicknames can be listed if they are a variation of your first or last name, but only in the format “First Name ‘Nickname’ Last name.”
- Your name must be listed using characters from one language only.
- Your name cannot consist of any titles, symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, or punctuation.
4. How do I add a security question to my account?
You can add a security question to your account from your Account Settings page, accessible from the Account drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.
- Click “change” in the Security Question section.
- In the “Question” dropdown menu, select a security question whose answer you are certain you will remember in the future. Keep your security question secret, and ensure that your answer is specific enough that it cannot be guessed easily.
- Carefully enter your answer to the selected question. Once you set your question, you will not be able to edit or change it.
- Click the “Change Security Question” button. You will then be prompted to enter your password to confirm the submission of your security question.
Note: that once you have submitted your security question, the Security Question section will disappear from the Account Settings page.
Facebook’s New profile
5. Can I go back to the older version of my profile?
After remaining available for a limited time, unfortunately older version of the profile is no longer available.
6. What’s new in the Info section of my profile?
- There are new fields for your interests, such as your favorite sports and people that inspire you.
- There’s a new graphic display for your top interests. Simply drag to rearrange icons to list your favorites first.
- There are more ways to list how you spend your time, including your projects at work, the classes you take and other activities you enjoy, like hiking or reading.
7. How do I post something on my Wall?
To post something, first decide whether you want to share a status update, question, photo, link or video, and then click the corresponding link at the top of your Wall. To change who can see your post, select the drop-down menu at the top of the sharing interface. Press the blue “Share” button in the lower right corner to add the post to your Wall.
8. How do I edit my profile?
To edit your profile, click the “Edit Profile” button in the top right corner of your profile. Choose the section you’d like to edit from the left-hand menu.
9. Why aren’t my photos appearing in the row of photos at the top of my profile?
Only photos you are tagged in will appear in this row of photos on your profile.
10. How do I remove the photos at the top of my profile?
To prevent a specific photo from appearing at the top of your profile, roll over the photo and click the “x” in the top-right corner. This will not delete your photo — it can still be found on your photos page.
11. How do I feature specific friends on my profile?
You can feature specific friends (e.g., best friends, roommates or coworkers) in the left column of your profile. To do so, you can either create new lists or feature existing friend lists. When you add someone to a featured list, they will receive a notification letting them know that you are featuring them on your profile.
12. Are any of my privacy settings changing as a result of the profile redesign?
None of your privacy settings have changed. If you have restricted the access to any of your content, it will continue to be viewable by only the people you’ve selected in your privacy settings.
13. Who can see the photos at the top of my profile?
Your privacy settings have not changed. These photos will only be visible to the people selected in your “Photos and videos you’re tagged in” privacy setting. This setting is located within the “Sharing on Facebook” section of your privacy settings.
People who are not allowed to view your tagged photos will see photos from your profile picture album instead. People who are not allowed to see either your tagged photos or your profile picture album will not see any photos at the top of your profile.
14. How does Facebook decide which friends appear on my profile?
Friends who you publicly interact with the most appear first on your profile. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events — Facebook will never show friends based on whose profiles you choose to view or who you interact with over messages and chat.
15. Can I prevent myself from being tagged as a coworker or classmate?
There is no way to prevent your friends’ from tagging you on their profiles; however you can easily remove tagged items from your profile.
16. I commented on something, and it’s showing the full text of my comment on my Wall. Who can see this story?
The only people that can see the story about your comment are those who can see the content you commented on. For example, if you commented on a photo that only you and your friend can see, only you and your friend would be able to see the story on your Wall.
17. How can I control my privacy?
Start by visiting the Privacy setting page, which you can access from the Account drop-down menu at the top of every Facebook page.
- Control basic information your friends will use to find you from the Connecting on Facebook section.
- Control who can see what you share by selecting one of the four global privacy setting groupings (Everyone, Recommended, Friends of friends or Friends only) in the “Sharing on Facebook” section. If you’d like to further customize these settings, click on the Customize settings link towards the bottom of that section.
- Control how your information is shared externally from the “Applications and Websites” section.
- Block specific people or applications from interacting with you on Facebook from the “Block Lists” section.
- Learn more about your privacy on Facebook here.
18. How can I control who can find me in Facebook search?
By default, your privacy settings allow everyone to find you in a search. However, when people click on your search listing, they won’t be able to see all of the information in your profile.
You can control who can find you in a search by restricting your privacy settings through the Privacy Settings page. Select the “View settings” link in the “Connecting on Facebook” section. From there, you can restrict who can search for you on Facebook. You can also control how people can contact you once they’ve found you.
19. How do I hide profile content from specific people?
To restrict the visibility of specific profile content from certain individuals, start from the privacy settings page from the Account drop-down menu.
- To change the settings for information that falls under the “Work and Education” or “Likes and Interests” section of your profile, follow the “View settings” link in the “Connecting on Facebook” section. Selecting the “Customize” option will enable you to open or restrict content from individual people.
- To change the settings for information that falls under the “About Me” section on your profile (e.g., Relationship Status or Family) follow the “Customize settings” link towards the bottom of the “Sharing on Facebook” section. Selecting the “Customize” option will enable you to open or restrict content from individual people.
20. How do I hide profile content from a specific group of people?
To restrict the visibility of specific content from a group of people, you will want to create a Friend List to organize those people. You can edit existing Friend Lists or create new ones from the Friends Dashboard. You can also do this from the Edit Friends page in the Account drop-down menu located at the top of every page. Once you’ve created a Friend List, follow these steps:
- Go to the Profile Information section of the Privacy Settings page.
- Click the drop-down next to the setting that controls the content you want to restrict and select “Customize.”
- When you see the pop-up that contains the section “Hide this from,” enter the name of the Friend List in the open field.
- Click “Save Setting.”
21. What does “Friends of Friends” mean?
“Friends of Friends” are people who are friends with your Facebook friends. This feature extends the range of sharing and makes it easier for your friends to share relevant content with their friends, even if you posted the content. “Friends of Friends” also allow you to extend the visibility of the content to relevant people in your community, without having to set the content to “Everyone” on the internet.
22. What does Facebook do to protect the security of my information?
Facebook is committed to protecting your information. We have industry standard and proprietary network monitoring tools constantly running in our system in order to prevent security breaches and protect the security of your data.
In addition, Facebook always posts to a secure page when users are logging in and employs industry standard encryption. This may not always be apparent from the URL (web address), but rest assured our logins are secure.
23. Is there any content that I shouldn’t post to my profile?
Yes. Don’t post content that infringes on the copyrights of others or that is against their Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. Also, use discretion when posting content, and if you’re considering posting something that could be damaging to you or your friends (no matter who has access to it), don’t.
24. Does Facebook use secure pages?
Facebook takes appropriate precautions to protect people’s information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number or your password), they encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Facebook always posts to a secure page when users are logging in and employs industry standard encryption. This may not always be apparent from the URL (web address), but rest assured their logins are secure.
25. Can I monitor my child’s activity on the site?
Facebook is forbidden by federal and many state laws to give unauthorized access to someone who is not an account holder.
Facebook encourage parents to exercise any discretion they can on their own computers and in overseeing their kids’ internet use. Please talk to your kids, educate them about internet safety, and ask them to use facebook’s extensive privacy settings.
26. Do advertisers have access to my personal information?
No, Facebook’s ad targeting is done anonymously by their system, without sharing personally identifiable information with advertisers. If advertisers select demographic targeting for their ads, the system automatically matches those ads to the appropriate audience. Advertisers only receive anonymous, aggregated reports to let them know that their ads were seen by the groups they targeted.
Login and password
27. I want to change my login email address.
28. How do I reactivate my account?
You can reactivate your account at any time by logging in with your login email address and password. If you’re experiencing login problems, please view the frequently asked questions listed on this page.
29. I forgot the password to my login email address.
Contact your email provider to regain access to your login email address. For email domains other than Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, please locate your email provider’s help center.
30. How can I make sure I don’t lose access to my account?
If you forget your password, you will need to request a password reset. This password reset email will only go to email addresses or a mobile number that you have confirmed on your account. Therefore, if you are unable to access the email addresses or mobile number on your Facebook account, you will not be able to receive your password reset email and may lose access to your account completely. You can prevent this situation by taking the following steps:
- Add a secondary email address to your Facebook account.
- Add a security question to your Facebook account.
- Make sure email addresses on your Facebook account are active (you are able to access them).
- Confirm your mobile number on your account.
- Maintain accurate information on your profile, such as name, date of birth, and email addresses. This helps us locate your account, should you lose access to it.
31. If I already have a user profile, can I create a business account?
32. I have two accounts. Is it possible to merge them?
Facebook does not allow you to merge accounts. You will need to add your more active account as an admin for any Groups or Pages you manage. You will also need to copy your profile content (e.g. photos, notes, etc.) and add it manually to your more active account. To make this process easier, you can download your information from Facebook.
Once you have moved all information onto a single account, please delete your duplicate account. Afterward you can add email addresses and networks to your remaining account from the Account Settings page located in the Account drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.
33. How do I add a friend?
Just use Facebook Search to find the person you know and then click on the “Add as Friend” button to the right of their search listing. A friend request will be sent to that person. Once they confirm that they actually are friends with you, they will show up on your Friends List.
If you’ve been prevented from adding friends on Facebook, it’s likely because many friend requests you’ve sent recently have gone unanswered. This may be because you’ve sent friend requests to strangers, or it may be due to other behavior that Facebook members have reported as unwelcome.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.