According to Internet Usage Statistics there are 6,845,609,960 internet users in the world. Out of which maximum people don’t know about threats from internet. As Internet, email and Social Networks becoming an integral part of life, the danger and threat that come with them are increasing too.
What kind of internet threat you can face?
- Virus Attack
- Malware/Spyware Attack
- Trojan Horses
- Phishing Attack
- Adware and Advertising Trojans and many more.
Tips on How to Stay Safe from Cyber Threat.
- Use effective Antivirus and update it regularly. For example Norton, MacAfee, Avira etc. There are free antiviruses also available which can be good substitute for paid Antivirus. For e.g. Avg, Microsoft Security Essentials etc. But I recommend Avira Premium security suite.
- Install antispyware or antimalware. I recommend Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. Other options are Doctor Spyware and Ad-Aware by Lavasoft.
- Use Comodo Firewall instead of default window firewall.
- Update your Operating system regularly.
- If you regularly download free stuff from internet like Software,MP3,Screen Share ,Wall papers Keygens or cracks then there is a tool for you called Sandboxie which runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
- Use Secunia, a FREE security tool designed to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs and plug-ins which expose your PC to attacks.
- Install Hotspot Shield, an open VPN based privacy and security tool, used to encrypt your web browsing when at public hotspots and to circumvent web filters.
- Use McAfee SiteAdvisor which is a free browser plug-in that provides simple Website safety ratings and a Secure Search box so you can surf, search and shop easily without any fear.
- Make use of online scanning service to test any suspected file. For example VirusTotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs enabling the identification of Viruses, Worms, Trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and web analysis toolbars.
- Don’t click any suspicious link received through email.
- Don’t download any free things as nothing is free. To download software download it through only trusted site like Download.com, Filehippo.com etc.
- Clean your internet temporary files and cookies as hacker can track you from tracking cookies.
- Never use Keygens or Cracks. Use only Genuine products and software.
- Verify https://(SSL) whenever you are shopping online or providing sensitive information like User Ids, Password, Credit card information etc.
- Get educate:-At last I would say educate yourself on how to prevent these types of attacks. Do research on how to protect your privacy and prevent from cyber threat.
Disclaimer: All above suggestions and tips is my personal views.
Please share your views on how to prevent form cyber attacks. Comments will be appreciated.